With Valentine's Day being yesterday, I thought the topic of loving yourself would be fitting today. Valentine's Day can be very difficult if you're single (or even in a relationship!) You will spend the day scrolling your newsfeed to see happy couple after happy couple. It doesn't matter if you're in a relationship or single, learning to love yourself is an important lesson to learn.
Self love is about doing those things that make you feel like you. They can instantly brighten your mood, change your day, and just really practice showing yourself some love. After all, they say you can't love someone else until you love yourself.
Today I wanted to share 20 simple ways to show self love.
1. Look in the mirror and name 3 good things about yourself.
2. Take a hot bath.
3. Read your favorite book.
4. Light a candle.
5. Do a face mask.
6. Online window shop & add everything you want into your cart, but don't buy it.
7. Call your bestie.
8. Go to the gym.
9. Splurge on your fave drink or treat.
10. Cook a healthy meal.
11. Paint your nails.
12. Think about what you really want to make happen & do one thing in that direction (start a resume, sign up for a class, etc.)
13. Take a cooking class.
14. Organize one room in your home.
15. Smile -- even if it's forced at first, it'll make you feel happier.
16. Blast your favorite song of the moment.
17. Watch a movie or tv show you've been dying to see.
18. Take a walk -- fresh air does amazing things for the mind.
19. Drink a glass of wine.
20. Take a nap.
I'm sure there are a million other things under the sun that you could do to practice self love, but these are some of the things that work for me.
What is your favorite way to practice self love? Let me know in the comments!
ALSO, in case you've missed my other posts from my newish real talk series, you can find them all below!